Community Support Worker – Thorpe
Competition Title: Community Support Worker – TH
Program: Thorpe House
Position Status: Permanent Part-time
Rotation & Schedule: 24 hours per week, 3 days per week
Thursday-Saturday 23:00-7:00 (Graveyard Shift)
Competition No: CSW–TPPT-Thu-Sat GY-02052022
Posting Date: May 2nd, 2022
Grid Level: Existing wage (or Grid Level 10)
Thorpe House is looking for an enthusiastic and fun-loving person to join their team!
- Responsible for a range of services for people with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness and their families
- Supports individuals with personal care assistance and maintaining a standard that will ensure that they are seen positively by their friends, family and community
- Promote and maximize independence in the group residence, and community settings by providing opportunities for persons served to learn and practice new skills while developing their gifts, talents, qualities and abilities
- Assistance with all activities of daily living including but not limited to: bathing, community activities, medical appointments, providing meals, and following care plans as outlined by professionals
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all professionals involved in the care of the individuals
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing documentation of Person Centered Plans (PCPs)
- To be knowledgeable and adhere to all care plans
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract
- To be knowledgeable in Community Care Facility Licensing Requirements and CLBC funding guidelines
- Cleared criminal record check
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- First-aid Certificate
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries in a group home, community settings and with families.
- Excellent communication skills in all required formats.
- Demonstrate proficiency with documentation.
- Familiarity with technology and software programs (Com Vida, Microsoft Word, e-mail, Nucleus etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to seek out activities both in and outside the community that meet the goals of the persons served and have fun participating in these activities
- Demonstrate ability to administer medications according the MAR sheet with close attention to detail.
- Be enthusiastic and ready to have fun everyday
Restrictions & Requirements
- This position requires BCGEU membership
- This position is open to all internal applicants
Application & Selection Process
Applicants must submit expressions of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm, May 9th, 2022
Expressions of interest must include:
- Competition title and number
- Resume indicating all qualifications and experience the applicant wishes to have considered
- Cover letter demonstrating how those qualifications and experience fit the applicant for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com